Features List 🔥
Bunting contains a variety of features, many of which you can find detailed on the main Bunting website. A more exhaustive list can be seen below. Last updated: 26/7/2018
Content Creation Tools
- Product Recommendations Intelligent, data-driven product recommendations, which appear seamlessly as part of your website’s content. Drag-and-drop integration makes plugging them in a one-minute task.
- Lightbox A popup you show to visitors containing information. Useful for preventing shopper exits, welcoming visitors to your site, and making important prompts. Your website is normally darkened in the background when a lightbox is being displayed.
- Message Box A box that appears at one corner of visitors’ screens, containing text or images. Less obtrusive than a lightbox. Great for offering special offers, reassuring visitors, or prompting an action.
- Message Bar A horizontal bar that appears a the top or bottom of visitors’ screens, containing a single line of text.
- Targeted Email Sends a personalised email to individual visitors, or to your support staff, which can contain product recommendations, abandoned cart products and text.
- Feedback Form A feedback form that appears within a Bunting lightbox. You can download the responses from your Bunting account into a spreadsheet.
- Redirect Visitors Send visitors to other pages on your website when appropriate. A useful common example is redirecting an international visitor to a version of your website that is written in their language.
- Exit Message Show visitors a message that only appears when they try to close their browser. When combined with a special offer, this can produce an effective method of preventing visitor exits.
- Shopping Cart Email A lightbox that appears to visitors, offering to send the contents of their shopping cart to their email. Bunting handles the form and the email sending, allowing you to easily collect more email addresses for later targeting.
- Webhook Bunting can send visitor data to any URL of your choice with a webhook, allowing you to easily integrate with your CRM, website, or any other tool of your choice.
Continue reading Feature List
The purpose of this checklist is to give you assurance that every component of Bunting was installed correctly. This will give you troubleshooting advice about how to double-check and resolve any issues that might crop up. It’s useful to do this immediately after completing the install to give peace of mind that you’re ready to begin using Bunting.
At a high level, the following should be checked:
- Conversions are being tracked by Bunting.
- Abandoned Carts are being tracked.
- Products in your XML feed match those on your website.
- Page specific Visitor Targeting will work correctly.
- On the Homepage.
- On the Category pages.
- On the Product Pages.
- On the Cart page.
Firstly, let’s deal with conversions. 💰
If you have installed the Conversion Complete Page script. Go ahead and do the following test:
Continue reading Installation checklist
Bunting offers many algorithms which can be applied to Product Recommendations, with each having certain levels of suitability for different pages of your eCommerce website.
The following list details the algorithms and the uses for them:
- Adaptive – These are the default setting for recommendations from Bunting using a machine learning algorithm to detect what the best recommendations are given in the context of the page.
- Recently Viewed by Visitors
- Most Popular – Last 24 Hours
- Most Popular – Last 7 Days
- Most Popular – Last 30 Days
- Popular Alternatives – This is most often used on Product Pages. It takes into consideration what customers view, add to cart and buy after viewing the specified product.
- Cross Selling – Commonly shown on both Cart/Checkout pages and Product pages. This takes into consideration what other customers buy from these pages.
- Repeat Custom – This will determine what customers usually buy, based on what their last purchase was. The context for this is the order complete page, this is done cumulatively.
Continue reading What Product Recommendation algorithms are there?
How to filter recommendations by Brand?
This can be implemented on variations in a recommendations content campaign in the Recommendations Settings. Here if you navigate to Content of Recommendations then Filters there is a Brand Filters drop-down. From here there are 2 options. Only show products from the following brands: or Hide products from the following brands:. Once an option has been selected there is functionality to add specific brands or only show the brand of product being viewed.
Continue reading How to filter recommendations by Brand?
Within the content section of the Product Recommendation, select the Product Recommendation Settings. If you go to the Content of Recommendations section there is an algorithm dropdown.
This can be accessed from the following breadcrumb trail:
Inactive/Active Campaigns -> Product Recommendation Campaign -> Content -> Product Recommendation Variation -> Recommendation Settings
By default, this is set to Adaptive which uses machine learning to tailor the recommendations automatically to the page on which they reside.
The algorithm choice on specific page Recommendations can improve ROI based on the context of the page. To see a full list of Bunting Product recommendation algorithms and what they do please follow this link.
Changing the product recommendations algorithm of a variation.
Good content is the foundation of the web, and this should also be applicable to your lightbox content.
We would recommend using the following lightbox guidelines:
- Size of no larger than 900x450px.
- Font Size of at least 16px.
- Clear contrasting colours, especially where the close button is concerned, and any other calls-to-action.
- Use either PNG or JPG for any background images.
Continue reading Designing captivating lightbox content
Every product accolade within Bunting has its own CSS class. These are listed as follows:
Continue reading Removing / Updating Product Accolades